And how we treat it
What is a codependency?
Codependency is essentially characterised by dysfunctional relationships – with oneself and other people.
Codependency is essentially characterised by dysfunctional relationships – with oneself and other people. This is often seen in families with addiction issues or mental health and is regarded a form of delayed stress syndrome.
Usually people with issues of codependency have an unstable sense of identity and end up gaining much of their self esteem from being needed by, excessively helping other people or taking on other peoples responsibilities. Codependent behaviours relate to a range of relationship difficulties, self esteem and self worth issues, depression and anxiety. Underlying issues of codependency usually includes earlier dysfunctional family relations or trauma in early childhood, neglect or abuse.
How do we treat codependency?
We only ever treat one client at a time – no groups or concerns about confidentiality.
All of the therapy programmes at RósGlas Recovery are specifically tailored and designed to each individual client.
Our comprehensive assessments inform both our clients and our team of the underlying factors associated with each case.
From this, we devise a truly individualised programme in order to offer the most tailored intervention – one that is more likely to offer longer term recovery and interpersonal freedom.
Our clients enjoy an excellent level of care from our team of dedicated professionals including consultant psychiatrist, psychologist, counsellor and our caring team of support and complimentary therapists.
Treatment includes but not limited to:
- Assessment with our expert psychiatrist
- An eclectic range of evidence-based psychological therapy
- Intensive psychotherapy with our Codependency experts
- CBT Therapy
- DBT Therapy
- Trauma therapy
- EMDR – Eye Movement Desensitisation & Reprocessing
- Somatic Therapies – gently supporting Mind-Body Connection
- Targeted biochemical restoration and nutritional therapy
- Psycho-nutrition and micronutrient supplementation to support optimal health
- Equine-Assisted Therapies
- Yoga & Meditation, Tai-Chi
- Mindfulness & Breath Work
- Reflexology & Massage
- A range of relaxing and fun leisure activities
- Family Therapy
Comfort and discretion is always assured.
Individual Exclusive Private Therapy Retreats for Mental Health & Addiction Issues
Contact us for individual consultation
RósGlas Recovery provides boutique luxury therapy retreats for addictions and psychological issues located in beautiful and luxurious settings in Irish countryside.